Identifying the Best Teeth Whitening Products
Comparing Home Teeth Whitening Products
What are the Best At-Home Whitening Products for Your Teeth?
What to Look for in the Best Teeth Whitening Products
If you've been to your local drug store lately and walked around the health and beauty section, chances are you've seen the many at home whitening products available. To find the best at home teeth whitener, it’s good to have an idea of the different options you’ll come across.
Identifying the Best Teeth Whitening Product
With so many options available, it can be a bit challenging to make a purchase decision. While all tooth whitening products are different, there are a few common traits you’ll find depending on the type you're most interested in.
- Professional Tooth Whitening Kits: Standard professional whitening products typically include two trays designed to mold and fit nicely over your teeth. These tooth-whitening products also come with several syringes or tubes of professional-strength bleaching gel and a storage case for the trays.
- Over-the-Counter Whitening Strips: These are the simplest tooth-whitening products—they come with whitening strips and instructions. The strength and number of strips will vary, but the package will come with enough to cover the top and bottom teeth for your daily applications.
Comparing Home Teeth Whitening Products
When choosing tooth whitening products, you’ll find a wide variety based on the current condition of your teeth, your oral health history, and your teeth whitening priorities. However, because there are many different variations, you may want to consider these tips when evaluating home tooth-whitening products.
- Products vary based on their strength: Hydrogen Peroxide is a popular ingredient in whitening products. If noted on the package, you can compare the amount of peroxide among several home tooth whitening products. As a general rule, products with higher levels of peroxide tend to work more quickly and effectively, but may also cause greater tooth sensitivity. However, most products do not disclose theses peroxide levels. If your goal is professional-level whitening, try Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects. These strips are formulated with the same enamel-safe ingredients dentists use and remove 14 years of stains. Apply once a day for 30 minutes for 20 days, with results lasting up to 12 months.
- Take note of the daily application time: When evaluating home tooth-whitening products, pay close attention to their daily application time. Whether you have five minutes or five hours a day to commit to whitening, there are teeth whitening options available to meet your needs. If you're a busy bee and want to whiten on the go, advanced products that form-fit to your teeth such as Crest 3D White Professional Effects can be used while you perform regular daily activities—running errands, checking email, drinking water, etc.
- Commitment Level: Before evaluating teeth whitening options, consider how committed you are to whitening and keep this in mind. Some teeth whitening options require a steadfast commitment for weeks, while other products show results in just a few days. If you can’t commit to a full program, you may want to consider using a powerful toothbrush such as Oral-B 3D White Luxe Pulsar Manual toothbrush combined with a whitening toothpaste such as Crest 3D White Glamorous White toothpaste. This approach will allow you to whiten at your convenience as part of your regular routine.
- Consider your dental history: Home tooth-whitening products won't work on caps, crowns, veneers, partials, fillings, laminates, or other similar dental work. Think about whether or not any color differences would be noticeable before using home tooth-whitening products.
- Know Your Price Range: If you're a no-nonsense type who doesn't want to break the bank, your best bet is a traditional whitening strip, such as Crest 3D White Classic Vivid Whitestrips. These typically require two 30-minute applications per day and your teeth will be noticeably whiter in two weeks. Let’s face it, times are tough and expensive teeth whitening options may not be your top priority. Fortunately, there are numerous teeth whitening options that are very cost-effective and can provide a brighter smile for $30 or less. Whitening strips such as Crest 3D White Classic Vivid Whitestrips can really improve the whiteness of your smile. If you have less money for your whitening budget, simply switch your normal toothpaste and rinse to whitening versions—you buy toothpaste and rinse as a part of a good oral hygiene regimen anyway.
- Choose a Trusted Brand: When you walk down the whitening aisle, keep in mind that many of the brands you know and trust for your regular oral hygiene needs may offer at-home teeth whitening solutions. Going with one of these well-known brands can offer a sense of confidence and assurance that your product is likely the best at-home teeth whitener.
- Talk with your dentist: As with any medical decision, it's best to consult with a professional before making a whitening decision. A professional opinion can help guide your selection and simplify the home tooth whitening products decision-making process. Dental professionals are a great source of valuable advice and feedback and may have an opinion on the best at-home teeth whitener.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a brighter, whiter smile without having to review the dozens of teeth whitening options out there? If you don’t have time to review or try hundreds of products, start first by exploring your teeth whitening options.
What are the Best At-Home Teeth Whitening Products for Your Teeth?
Review the following teeth condition descriptions to help you select the best dental whitening product for you.
- Sensitive Teeth: If your teeth are sensitive to whitening, you may want to look for mild dental whitening products that offer a more gradual whitening effect like Crest 3D White Gentle Routine Whitestrips. These strips are typically used for five minutes a day on a regular basis and are less painful for teeth sensitive to whitening. You’ll see results after 28 days.
- Relatively White, but Need Maintenance: If your teeth are either relatively white or mildly stained, you can easily go with a basic whitening strip regimen. These dental whitening products typically require two thirty-minute applications per day and offer full results in just weeks.
- Tartar Build-up and Mild Stains: If your dentist says you have tartar build-up that you want to reduce while also whitening your smile, there are Crest whitening products that not only protect your teeth against tartar build-up, but also provide gentle whitening to brighten your smile.
- Heavily Stained: If your teeth are heavily stained from tobacco, coffee, tea, soda, or other foods and beverages, your best bet is to search for dental whitening products that offer the greatest results. The most advanced dental whitening products offer professional-level whitening at home—and provide a whiter, brighter smile for up to 12 months.
What to Look for In the Best Teeth Whitening Products
Once you’ve found some teeth whitening systems you like, there are a couple things to keep in mind when reviewing the best teeth whitening systems.
- Fastest Whitening: How Long Will It Take To Get Noticeable Results? Even among the best teeth whitening systems, the number of days it takes to see noticeable results varies greatly. Some take as few as three days, while others take up to a week. The time it takes to get full results when using the best teeth whitening systems ranges anywhere from a week to a month. If you’re looking for fast results for a last-minute event, try Crest 3D White Whitestrips 1-Hour Express. These strips remove years of stains in just one hour. You’ll need to use the full product for full results.
- How Long Will My Teeth Stay White? Most manufacturers say the duration of results varies depending on your use of teeth-discoloring beverages like coffee, tobacco, soda, etc. However, advanced products have been proven to provide whitening that lasts up to twelve months.
- How Long Do I Have To Wear The Whitening Strips Every Day? When reviewing the best teeth whitening systems, you'll find that daily application time also varies greatly. Some require 30 minutes twice a day, when others work in just five minutes once a day.
- Will The Strips Form-Fit To My Teeth? Most whitening strips don't mold to your teeth but stick nicely to the surface of your teeth. There are advanced products that will gently mold to your teeth, such as Crest 3D White Professional Effects, allowing you greater flexibility and the opportunity to drink water, talk on the phone and go about your day.
Regardless of which tooth-bleaching products you choose, all tooth-whitening products are likely to offer you a brighter, whiter smile that will give you a nice boost in self-confidence. The bottom line is that the best teeth whitening product will differ from person to person. Your best bet is to talk with your dentist about your whitening goals and dental history to determine which teeth-whitening product is best for you.